Jetblack Coin Gallery

The Home of US-Philippine Certified Coins

Member Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Cross overs

birbros

Has anybody have any success crossing over NGC to PCGS at same or higher grades?

December 25, 2009 at 12:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bill
Site Owner

In the fast I was doing a lot of crossover, but mainly just crossed at the same grade and maybe a couple that crossed higher. I also have some success of crossing specifying a minimum graded that I think is overgraded. Some are cracked out that I think is under graded were more successful for me. I noticed that majority of NGC certified are overgraded specially in the higher denomination, so I suggest that learning how to graded this series is a plus.

December 25, 2009 at 3:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

birbros

Is there a photograde type book for philippine coins?

Also Lyman Allen book on philippine coinage, checked amazon.com and only found franklin halves. Is there a store or other website for his book?

December 25, 2009 at 4:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Steve

I've always had good results crossing from ANACS to PCGS. I'm referring to the old ANACS holders, not sure of the new style holders because I haven't tried with one yet. Several people that I've talked to believe that ANACS is the most accurate at grading the U.S. Philippine series and I tend to agree.  

December 26, 2009 at 10:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bill
Site Owner

In some series, I do agree. In fact I have a couple coins that I crossed to PCGS and both got 1 point better, from MS64 to MS65 and MS65 to MS66. These are in the slab not craked out.

December 29, 2009 at 8:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.